Team Coach – Senior Practitioner course
This intensive, highly practical module builds on the Foundation and Practitioner programmes to continue coaches’ journeys into becoming effective team coaches. It greatly enhances the coach’s toolkit and equips them to take the lead in team coaching pairs, confidently working with increasing levels of complexity to help teams strengthen all elements of the PERILL framework.
The emphasis of this programme is upon using participants’ current experience of teams they are working with as the basis for developing a broader portfolio of approaches and increasing their confidence in coping with challenging situations. A minimum of two client teams will be required for you to be actively practising during the program. This is the third of three courses within our Team Coaching Programme, with a strong emphasis on building a unique, evidence-based practice through development of both theory and practice. The programme is offered in two formats: Traditional classroom style with two three-day workshops separated by eight to ten months of practice and reflection. OR fifteen virtual modules and accompanying Practicums.
Our approach to team coaching is based upon more than 20 years of research into the factors that influence how teams adapt to increasingly complex environments. Our Foundation, Practitioner and Senior Practitioner courses are accredited by both ICF and EMCC. They incorporate the PERILL model – the only complex, adaptive system approach to understanding the factors that influence a team’s performance.
- Our programs are designed to be flexible in their delivery. Generally we offer:
- 15 x 2-hour virtual sessions, over a 14-month period plus self-study, reflection, practice with teams and supervision.
- 2 x 3-day face to face programmes, plus self-study, reflection, practice with teams and supervision.
- Typical course size – 12 to 24 delegates (or 24 delegates per Practicum for larger virtual courses)
- Five sessions of group supervision are included in the course fees, in groups of maximum 8 people
- Individual & Group Reflection
- Coursework: Reflective assignment
Action learn sets (practicums) bridge the gaps between virtual sessions and between the in-person workshops.
Total Commitment Hours:
Usually completed over 12 -14 months and 3 terms, the 501 hours in total are made up of 60 hours of training, 80 hours of reading (theory and models), 80 hours of case study and research project preparation, with the remainder split across planning and practice with your teams, private and group study, reflection and the assignment. Please note that you are required to practise with at least 2 teams and a general expectation of 4 sessions per team to be accredited.
As a broad outline, we spend approximately 40% teaching theories and models, 30% in co-learning (discussions, questions, breakouts) and 30% in learning and practicing tools & techniques.
- Increased confidence and competence to support teams in understanding their internal and external dynamics and systems.
- Confidence to take the role as the lead co-coach
- Increased ability to work with different team contexts
- Advanced toolkit that gives confidence in handling a wide range of challenging situations that occur in team coaching and ultimately the ability to transcend the need for tools.
- A practical model (PERILL) to support a team in understanding its systems
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
- Professional Coaches, Business Leaders, Line Managers, Team leaders, HR Leaders and Professionals who have completed a systemic team coaching accredited program at Practitioner level (or equivalent).
- This is a senior practitioner level course which is an immersive & experiential program requiring a full and active engagement. It is for people who already have extensive experience of one to one coaching and coaching teams and is not for anyone without extensive systemic team coach training and experience.
- 4 years practising as a 1-2-1 coach, mentor or leader with at least 2 years experience working as a team coach.
- Completion of Team Coaching Practitioner level program or appropriate equivalent. Suitable accredited programs include:
CMI Team Coach Practitioner, GTCI Team Coach Practitioner (either PERILL or STC streams), AOEC / Renewal Associates Systemic Team Coaching Certificate or Diploma, Henley Business School, ORSC, Ruth Wageman’s 6 Conditions, Team Coach International, Smurfit Business School (Dublin), High Performance Team Coaching System (Carr) and any other EMCC & ICF accredited programs at the same level. If in doubt, please contact us with details of your award and the syllabus.
- Provides the advanced skills, knowledge and tools to confidently coach teams
- The opportunity to connect and network with other senior team coaches and support each other during the learning journey
- 18 months free CCMI membership
- 18 months free membership to the PERILL team diagnostic platform (worth £750 a year). Members can use with unlimited numbers of teams and save huge amounts (other providers charge up to $1500 per team)
PRICING, DATES & TIMES:
As a global training provider, we run a variety of programs to suit different regions / timezones, different training schedules and pricing structures. Please use the Click For Details button for more information.
IS IT RECOGNISED BY ACCREDITING BODIES?
Our Team Coaching Programs are accredited by both the EMCC and ICF. Successful candidates of this Level 7 European Qualifications Framework course will receive:
- a certificate of accreditation from CCMI which you can use to claim 501 hours of CPD and for 60 CCE’s for ICF members (58 Core Competency (CC) and 2 Resource Development (RD) units)
- automatic recommendation for the Team Coaching Senior Practitioner ITCA (Individual Team Coach award) from EMCC Global
- automatic recommendation for the European Individual Accreditation EIA (an individual Coach / Mentor level award at Senior Practitioner level) from EMCC Global
- Please note: Participants wishing to achieve the ICF Advanced Certification in Team Coaching award (ACTC) will be able to apply to the ICF. This course meets the key provisions required for Educational hours and Supervision requirements. You will still need to meet the ICF Membership, exam and sufficient team coaching experience requirements.
PERILL Senior Practitioner Programme:
This programme generally runs only once a year per region. To find out more about it the European / USA zone programme you might like to watch last years Q&A webinar ( Completing your journey to Team Coaching Mastery) on YouTube.
Whilst we update the 2024/25 programme brochure, you can still review last years brochure here.
If you’d like to understand more about EMCC & ICF accreditation / credentialing, please read this blog.
To understand more about how Team Coach accreditation / credentialing works as part of this programme, please read this blog