TEAM COACH - Practitioner course
This intensive, highly practical module builds on the Foundation programme to support coaches in making the transition from coaching individual clients in developing coaching cultures in their team to working with the whole team.
It explores the messiness of working with whole teams and provides practical tools and techniques for enabling the team to understand and change its dynamics in ways that increase collective performance and add value to all its stakeholders. The core of the module is the PERILL framework, a complex, adaptive systems perspective that allows the team to understand its drivers and barriers to performance.
The module works step by step through each phase of a team coaching assignment, from Scoping and Discovery, through Contracting, Delivery, Evaluation and Withdrawal (when the team is better able to coach itself). The case study follows each stage, giving you opportunities to practice new tools and techniques and to develop your own templates and unique approaches. This the second of three courses within our Team Coaching Programme, leading onto Senior Practitioner level.
The programme is offered in two formats:
- Traditional classroom style – 3-day face to face
- Six 3-hour virtual modules plus two group supervision sessions
Total Commitment Hours:
152 (classroom hours, practice with at least one team, further reading and reflections) of which: 24 hours are classroom days or online equivalent. 10 hours are group supervision (3 sessions of 2 hours, plus preparation). 40 hours of reading (theory and models). 60 hours of preparation, planning and practice with at least one team. Classroom Group Practice and Practical. Typical course size – 12 to 24 delegates. Individual and Group reflection. Coursework: reflective essay.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
- Professional Coaches who are looking to expand their skill set outside of 1-2-1 coaching to include or transition to team coaching.
- Business Leaders, Line Managers, Team leaders who want to know more about how to coach teams effectively.
- HR Leaders and Professionals who want to help deliver a programme to support team coaching through their business.
This is a practitioner level course. It is for people who already have experience of one to one coaching and teams and is not for absolute beginners. It takes the experience you already have and extends it to real team coaching.
- Provides the essential skills, knowledge and confidence to begin to coach teams
- Confidence to be able to coach small teams, or as a co-coach with larger teams
- Deeper insights into the factors that affect team performance and value creation — and
what undermines it
- A clear understanding of each phase of a team coaching assignment, form beginning to end
- A toolkit for helping a team leader develop a coaching culture in their team
- Understanding of the different types of team and the different coaching needs that each has
- Insight into teams as systems within systems; and the difference between linear, systemic and complex, adaptive systems perspectives
- A practical model (PERILL) to support a team in understanding its systems
IS IT RECOGNISED BY ACCREDITED BODIES?
Our Team Coaching Programs are accredited by both the EMCC and ICF